Re: Running language, again...

Hello, all,

Firstly, I must to explain that problems with the my phone line have
caused me one entire day out of internet. Once the connection
restablished, I got a great surprise,

Thanks to John Albuquerque. The problem is that not always know the
correct word to search for. I think, this is just the importance of
this kind of lists...

Thanks to David King... also for the suggestion of Nicolai Josuttis'
book. It seems good and I'd like to get it in e-book format (as pdf
file...).

Thanks to Murry Cumming. Examples for me are always... very appreciated !

Thanks to Daniel Elstner. Probably, you understood me better.

I need to elaborate a list of languages supported (strings like
"spanish", "english",...) by the environtment (so, the available
ones), while GDM, for example, cannot pemits log in in a different
language that of those set by a locale-gen process.

After this list gotten, I'd like to know the environment language, and
then, if it's possible, to get all this list according the current
language...

For example,

In a system in that only has generated the four English, Spanish,
French and Italian locales...

The appropiate list for an english environment, would be,
("English", "Spanish", "French", "Italian")

And for the french environment...
("Anglais", "Espagnole", "Français", "Italien")

And for the spanish environment...
("Inglés", "Español", "Francés", "Italiano")

and so on ..

Thanks for your suggestions,

S.