Re: Running language, again...

Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 16:34 +0200 schrieb Sever P A:

> I simply ask you if there is a more portable mechanism to know the
> environmental language, for
> the one side, and then to know if it works with an standard
> equivalence language list for each code.

It depends on what you mean by "know".  Do you need to check whether it
is some specific language?  Or do you need a string representation?  Do
you really want the language, or the locale?  Or do you want to know the
language your application is translated to?  (For the latter case, the
solution could be as simple as using gettext("translated-language") and
have the translators fill it in.)

If you don't necessarily need to display the language name to the user,
then this might be helpful:

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classPango_1_1Context.html#3aa0ee8cb20cf8c3994756e515b4925f

If you use Pango anyway then that's certainly more portable than
guessing from the locale.  It can even give you the language code as a
string.

--Daniel