Gtk::Window set_skip_taskbar_hint() is not working

Hi,

I'm trying to create a minimized to Tray application, so I found how to
use GTK::StatusIcon and created a TrayIcon with a popUp menu  without
problems. In fact its a very nice widget.

But when I want to minimize to tray I do

void MinimizeToTray ()
{
       pMyWindow->iconify (); //this is for minimize
       pMyWindow->set_skip_taskbar_hint (true); // this is to hide the
window from desktop taskbar.
}

Although the window minimizes it still appears in the taskbar.
Am I using the wright function? If yes, what am I doing wrong or what is
missing in the code to work properly; If not which function should I call?

Tanks,
Filipe Apóstolo

PS: I'm in WindowsXP