Re: Hello!!! Echo!

Am Dienstag, den 07.07.2009, 11:36 -0400 schrieb ArbolOne:
> MS-Windows is an exotic platform for GTKmm? Aside from Linux, I think
> MS-Win is one the most used OSs in the world. This very fact makes
> MS-Win one of the primary target for C/C++ developers.

It is not the main target platform of gtkmm, and I'm not aware of any
core developers who use Win32 as their primary platform.  That's sort of
obvious I think.

> I don't count MS-Win as an exotic OS, cheap maybe, but not exotic.

As a target platform for libraries that originated on Unix, it is one of
the more exotic choices.  That doesn't mean it won't work.  It just
means that there is less interest in it among developers.

> Well, anyways, we will continue working here on our own file_io,
> hopefully we will get a reply from GTKmm before we are completed with
> our project.

You'll get a reply as soon as someone who happens to know the answer
reads your question and volunteers the time to answer it.

Anyway, I think you'd be better off asking this question on gtk-list or
gtk-app-devel-list.  glibmm does not implement GIO, it just wraps what
is there.

--Daniel