Re: Weird exceptions policy in glibmm/giomm

On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 16:37 -0400, José Alburquerque wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 20:34 +0200, Tomasz Jankowski wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out exceptions policy in glibmm/giomm. It's hard
> > to understand which functions exactly throw exceptions. I made some
> > research (I read API and source code), but this issue stays still
> > unclear for me.
>
> Generally, the docs should say if a function throws an exception or not.
> If they don't, the docs need improvement.  Filing a bug (with a patch
> possibly) generally takes care of the lack of clarity.

I really should have mentioned that patches are much appreciated.  As
Daniel said, the documentation isn't perfect but I find them mostly
understandable enough to develop in C++.  If you make an effort to use
the library, you'll probably find that it isn't as hard as it seems even
if it looks like the docs don't have everything you expect them to have.

In the meantime, I filed a patch for the bug you filed.  As a developer
(and not the maintainer) I would encourage you to see if you can
contribute if you find other places in the docs that might be missing
other information that you might think would be good to have.  I hope
it's not asking too much. :-)

--
José Alburquerque