Re: Data IO

Hello,

I'm not sure about your needs.
But yes, like in most frameworks, Gtkmm has also a set of mechanism.
Each widget has a set of signals you can use to detect actions from both
sides, user side and if you need to, from the API side.
You should also read the signaling chapter in the book. If the
"standart"-signals don't fit your needs, you can write own signal
handlers.

The I/O section has also a chapter about timeouts wich, in some case you
can use to "simulate" looping signals.

I hope it helps a bit.

Bernd