Re: Setting a background image inside a window

Am 11.12.2009 18:48, schrieb Adrián Ortega:
Hello! I'm programming a small application which gets connected to a MySQL database to get info and update the database (that part is already taken care of) and the GUI has the following layout:

/******************************************************/
/ Menu bar /
/******************************************************/
/tool bar /
/******************************************************/
/ USER_AREA /
/      Here I use Gtk::Button's and Gtk::Entry's and             /
/     some other widgets to get and display the                 /
/ database info / / / / /
/status bar /

What I'm trying to do is to put a background image in the USER_AREA, so the user can get/update the database info and have a friendly and good-looking background image.

The images are .jgp and .bmp. I already tried to use Gtk::Image and the image is displayed properly, but I'd like to put all the Widgets to work with the database on the USER_AREA where the image is located and I haven't figured that out yet.

Everything works fine, the only thing I need to do is the background image. I haven't discovered yet if this is possible or not, in case it's possible, do you know what Widgets I should use to do this? Or some reference I can check?

Thank you very much in advance!!