Re: Read Line From Pipe

On 08/31/2009 12:06 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
> Dear inbox_pub,
>
>> -I display in a Gtkmm window what is read with the read_line().
>
> Do you mean a Gtk::Window that is part of your program, or do you mean
> a console window of some sort?
>
> Mark

I have a message area in my window.
I use these statements:
Gtk::TextView m_TextView;
Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::TextBuffer> m_msg;
and this to display what is read from the pipe:
m_msg->insert(m_msg->end(), readbuffer);

I have traced the input to the read_line() and it is there,
and printed it out after the read_line() and that is where some data
gets lost.

I have played with 15ms delays and have gotten the data to flow
from the clicked button, through the pipes, and displayed in the message
area.
It seems that the problem is in the read_line() dealing with timing or
perhaps
in the signal that initiates the pipe read.

Thank you.