Re: Intltoolize doesn't create po/Makefile.in ...

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.08.2009, 21:13 +0200 schrieb Sever P A:

> > AC_CONFIG_FILES(po/Makefile.in)

Well, yes.

> I suggest to update the GTKmm tutorial page 276.

This is from the gtkmm tutorial?  Oh, I didn't realize that we actually
document the usage of intltool.

> Furthermore, I've hear before that autotools are obsolete, ... Is
> there any SCons tutorial for C++/GTKmm programmers ?

Autotools may be old, but they are not obsolete.  The problem you had
was not caused by Autotools but intltool, which is not related in any
way to the Autotools except that it provides some level of integration
with it.

That, indeed, is the main reason that makes adopting other build systems
difficult:  Quite a few utilities out there integrate with Autotools, in
the GNOME project in particular.  You would lose all the integration if
you switched to something else.

Apart from that, Autoconf and Automake are not nearly as bad as their
reputation would make you believe.

--Daniel