Re: configure event in children

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:38 AM, Andreas Bauer <baueran rsise anu edu au> wrote:

> Many thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, it doesn't make a
> difference how I connect.  And to be honest, I would not have expected
> it to either.  As far as I understand, the difference between connect
> and connect_notify is merely that in the first case you connect to a
> function which has the same signature as the default handler, and in
> the other to a function without return value.

Only top level windows receive configure events.  They do not
propagate to the window's children, at least not directly. The top
level window may, of course, start a resize or some other process that
will end up emitting various related signals for the children. But a
configure event has no meaning unless the widget is a top level window
of the backend window system (X11, Quartz, win32 etc).

--p