Re: gtkmm affected by recent changes to gtk (GdkNativeWindow, gtk_toolbar_[gs]et_tooltips)

Murray Cumming wrote:
Are you showing us the problem or the solution? Could you please be
clearer about what the problem is. And if you have a solution, could you
Both, I thought...  I thought it was reasonably clear but I will
attempt to present differently.

So far I have run into two problems.  The first is the GdkNativeWindow
problem.  I found two functions in display.cc that gave compile errors.
These functions are
Display::selection_send_notify
Display::get_drag_protocol
They appear to be simple wrapper functions for the C versions.
I changed the parameters and return type of the C++ to match the
C.  For this I was just wanting a peer review.  Does what I did
seem to be the correct thing to do?

submit it as a patch, please?
If the answer to the above question is yes, then I will submit a
patch

However, I know that Armin has almost finished the new gtkmm Windows
installer, so maybe this has already been fixed anyway.
Though the GdkNativeWindow change to gtk seems to be driven by the
Windows platform, isn't it reasonable to expect that the types in
the C++ wrapper should match the C regardless of the platform?

The second tooltip problem seems to be addressed by this one.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/svn-commits-list/2008-July/msg00245.html
I get a compile error related to this one too  but I don't understand
until I looked at it again last night.  I think I solved this one too.
In the file gtkmm-2.12.7\gtk\gtkmm\toolbar.cc (and .h) there are two
functions, set_tooltips and get_tooltips.  Their gtk versions
are wrapped with #ifndef GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and it seems that the]
all-in-one gtk package has that defined so, when gtkmm compiles,
the compile fails because the two gtkmm functions are wrapping
gtk functions that are disabled.

I solved the tooltip problem by doing two things

1. add #ifndef GTKMM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED before functions
   set_tooltips and get_tooltips

2. add --enable-deprecated-api=no to configure options

Do my analysis and solution for the tooltip problem appear correct?

Damon Register