Re: GTK Custom Widgets

Larik Ishkulov wrote:
> В сообщении от Tuesday 28 October 2008 15:49:28 Filipe Apostolo написал(а):
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm trying to do a custom widget to use in more than one app.
>> So I've build a class "MyWidget" derived from  Gtk ::Widget :
>>
>> class MyWidget : public Gtk::Widget
>> {
>> public:
>>   MyWidget();
>>   virtual ~MyWidget();
>>
>> protected:
>>
>>   //some Overrides virtual functions
>> (...)
>>
>>  Gtk::Hbox mMyHbox_to_add_in_my_widget;
>> };
>>
>> But the problem is that I don't know how to add the HBox in my custom
>> widget.
>>
>> So I've looked the
>> http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/sec-custom-widgets.h
>> tml tutorial but it doesn't explain how to add a child widget into a custom
>> widget.
>>
>> The purpose of adding the Hbox is to heave a kind of container to start
>> adding other widgets like treeviews, buttons, combo boxes  and so one.
>> And I don't want to derive from a container or from a window.
>>
>> Can some wane help me, is it possible ore there are more efficient ways
>> to do something like this?
>>
>> Tanks in advance,
>> Filipe Apóstolo.
>>

> Why don't you want to derive from a container?
> I derive from an EventBox for my widgets for glade.
>

> Larik Ishkulov.

Hi,
I don't want to derive from a container because I do not want to permit
to add more widgets in my on. If I want to add more buttons it must be
added with other container that will heave my widget and the other button.

I supose that I derive from a container the user of my widget could
remove or add child widgets in my widget. Am I right? Is there another
way to do this?

Tanks.