GTK Custom Widgets

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to do a custom widget to use in more than one app.
So I've build a class "MyWidget" derived from  Gtk ::Widget :

class MyWidget : public Gtk::Widget
{
public:
  MyWidget();
  virtual ~MyWidget();

protected:

  //some Overrides virtual functions
(...)

 Gtk::Hbox mMyHbox_to_add_in_my_widget;
};

But the problem is that I don't know how to add the HBox in my custom
widget.

So I've looked the
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/sec-custom-widgets.html
tutorial but it doesn't explain how to add a child widget into a custom
widget.

The purpose of adding the Hbox is to heave a kind of container to start
adding other widgets like treeviews, buttons, combo boxes  and so one.
And I don't want to derive from a container or from a window.

Can some wane help me, is it possible ore there are more efficient ways
to do something like this?

Tanks in advance,
Filipe Apóstolo.