The whole app

I cannot see the forest for the trees. Yep, I am a newbie.

I wrote a nice gtkmm user interface for my application.
When I tried to tie my application to the user interface, I have problems.

I have not found any examples other than those in the gtkmm manual which are only about the
gtkmm windows.

Please point me to a Web site, source code, and/or book that addresses the whole application
so that I can see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.