[no subject]

I have to rework my build systems to handle this new library naming
convention; offer
end-users a switch to select VC80/90 and then link to the correct libraries
after "assembling"
a library name based on the switch.

A better approach would have been to use the standard names we are
accustomed to:
cairomm-1_0.lib, sigc-2_0.lib, gtkmm-2_4.lib, etc. and creating separate
installers targeting
the required runtime.  The root of the installation tree would be the ONLY
place where the
runtime was indicated, e.g.:

C:\Program Files\Gtkmm-2.14.1-VC80

or

C:\Program Files\Gtkmm-2.14.1-VC90

That way, you can easily point into the needed tree to link instead of
having to rework
build systems.

Also, I haven't built gtkmm from source since this changeover.  What naming
convention
do you use for the import libraries when building with MSVC?  Do you
discover the runtime
version automatically and name appropriately?

Really would have preferred to see my approach above....

------=_Part_10370_29383210.1224091998550

------=_Part_10370_29383210.1224091998550--