Re: Gtkmm Windows installers available

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 22:50 +0200, Armin Burgmeier wrote:
> Yes. We will have to think of a naming convention for those binaries.
> gtkmm-2.4-vc9.dll? (in contrast to gtkmm-2.4.dll for VS 2005, which we
> might then rename to gtkmm-2.4-vc8.dll, possibly breaking compatibility)

Did Cedric's old installer have a VS2005 build, or just a VS2003 one?

> But I'm still not 100% convinced. Do other C++ projects that provide
> Windows binaries also ship different DLLs for each Visual Studio
> Version?

Yes, I'd like to do what's normal, though I can't think of anything to
look at. But in the end we must do what people need.

It looks like Qt only provide a MinGW build (not even any binaries)
though that is not clear:
http://trolltech.com/downloads/opensource/appdev

www.openismus.com