Drawing in a Container

Hello,

I have made a custom widget from a Container object that draws a border and colors the background behind a single child widget.  It works just fine as long as I only use it once in a window, but if I put two or more instances of the widget in a table, the child widget is not visible in all but the first instance.  I have a feeling it has something to do with sharing the same parent window, but nothing I do seems to help.  I have attached a modified version of a gtkmm example.  The custom widget is a marriage of the two examples from Chapter 25 of the gtkmm book.

Any help would be appreciated,
Dustin Moore
me dustinmoore net