Re: gtkmm binaries for win32

Cedric Gustin wrote:
1. for the mingw32 target, everything (latest libsigc++, libxml++, glibmm, gtkmm, libglademm) builds fine
with the exception of libglademm : some missing symbols in the libglade DLL. I will submit a patch on bugzilla in the next few days.
I just got your "earlybird special" and am a little confused.  I see
that libglademm appears to be in that package.  Does that mean that
the http://www.gustin.be/win32/gtkmm-win32-2.12.7.zip which I just
downloaded today has been updated or should I take this to mean that
libglademm is there but not working?

For early birds, I have uploaded binaries (mingw32 only, no MSVC) to a temporary location :

http://www.gustin.be/win32/gtkmm-win32-2.12.7.zip
Thanks for your work in providing this.

So what I propose is the following :

1. Document how I build gtkmm for the mingw32 target : using a standard cygwin distribution (with the -mno-cygwin gcc compiler option) and the autotools (configure;make;make install) and make sure other people can reproduce the build.
2. Patch the code on svn for Visual C++ Express 2008 (under a new MSVC_2008 subdirectory) and update the project files accordingly. Document the build process and have other people reproduce it and ideally adapt it for MSVC 2005.
3. Upload an initial gtkmm 2.12 installer on ftp.gnome.org and upload the NSIS script on svn. Have other people generating the installer.
4. Decide with Murray what to do next and with whom.

Target is end of this month for reaching #4.
What is the latest news?  Am I correct in thinking this hasn't happened
yet?

I unzipped the gtkmm-win32-2.12.7.zip that I downloaded and placed it
with my other GTK (which came from the installer
gtk-dev-2.12.9-win32-2.exe).  I was able to compile and run a very
simple gtkmm test app.

#include <gtkmm.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
Gtk::Main kit(argc, argv);
Gtk::Window window;
Gtk::Main::run(window);
return 0;
}

I didn't find any test apps in the gtkmm-win32-2.12.7.zip package but
I did find some examples in the libglademm-2.6.6 tarball.  I was able to
compile the basic.cc one using
g++ -o basic.exe basic.cc `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtkmm-2.4 libglademm-2.4`

but when I run it, I get an error dialog that says
"The procedure entry point glade_xml_construct_from_buffer could not be located in the dynamic link library libglade-2.0-0.dll"

Am I doing something wrong or is this package not ready yet?

Damon Register