Re: how to use get_geometry correctlly

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

you can't do this until the widget has been realized, because before
that time get_window() will return a null (ref) ptr.

put that in the realize handler, or make sure you do it post-realize.

--p

Does "Been realized" mean that the parrent window do something on my widget with something like Gtk::Fixed?

/* in the parrent window of my widget */
m_page_layout.put( *my_widget, X, Y );// Realize my widget ??