Re: cairo needed for gtkmm on win32

Am Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:53:30 -0500 schrieb Jonathon Jongsma:

> On 3/21/08, Andreas Volz <lists brachttal net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >  is cairo(mm) needed to get gtkmm running on win32?
>
> yes

I'm getting crazy by building a win32 compile environment. Both cross
compiler and native aren't working. The MS platform is such a crap!

I tried to install the runtime and devel packages of gtkmm from the
website in wine, but the gtk+ download doesn't start.

Is this broken or doesn't it work with wine?

regards
Andreas

BTW: I couldn't cross compile pange:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib
archive /opt/xmingw/lib/libcairo.la. *** I have the capability to make
that library automatically link in when *** you link to this library.
But I can only do this if you have a *** shared version of the library,
which you do not appear to have. rm -fr  .libs/libpangocairo-1.0.dll.a

Any ideas how to build DLL files with the default make infrastructure?

regards
Andreas