Gtk Table widget contents resizing...

I am working on an application which uses a number of widgets inside a table. The hierarchy is something like this:

Table
   Aspect Frame
       Radio Button
         Frame (for a label)
             homebrew OpenGL video widget

The radio button appears at first stretched horizontally but shrunk to the video vertically, with the video being a small thumbnail. Then the video pops into a larger size with the radio button and frame shrunk around it properly. In the end it all looks the way I want it to, but what I want to avoid is the popping- Is there a way to make it all appear after resizing is completed, or just get it to be sized properly right off the bat?

Thank you,

Rob Stoddard