Static builds

Will static builds be supported some time in the future again?

I don't know when this happend, but two or three years ago it was possible to build static apps using Gtk+/gtkmm/WxGtk, which is now not possible anymore.

This is realy sad, since I (and many others I think) need to build applications usable on many different hosts without installation (USB-stick).
begin:vcard
fn:Sebastian Rose
n:Rose;Sebastian
email;internet:sebastian_rose gmx de
title:Fachinformatiker/Anwendendungsentwicklung
tel;cell:+49 173 / 83 93 417
note;quoted-printable:Entwicklung  von Internetanwendungen und Programmen  mit  freien  Werkzeu=
	gen  und Bibliotheken.=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	PHP, Java, C/C++,  Bash,  Perl,  Apache, MySQL,  PostgreSQL, xt::commerce=
	, Typo3, Server,  Netzwerk,  Desktop, Datenbank, gtkmm=0D=0A=

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
end:vcard