RE: Using gtkmm with Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition

Hello again,

For those who may encounter the same problem, somebody provided me with the solution.

First, you will have to download the three following dlls:
- msvcm80d.dll,
- msvcp80d.dll,
- msvcr80d.dll.

Then, you will have to create a file named Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.manifest containing:

<!-- Copyright © 1981-2001 Microsoft Corporation -->
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
    <noInheritable/>
    <assemblyIdentity
        type="win32"
        name="Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT"
        version="8.0.50608.0"
        processorArchitecture="x86"
        publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"
    />
    <file name="msvcr80d.dll"/>
    <file name="msvcp80d.dll"/>
    <file name="msvcm80d.dll"/>
</assembly>

Finally, copy these four files in the ...\GTK\bin directory. You should be able to use gtkmm in debug mode with Visual Studio 2008.

Best regards,

Benoît