WebKit and Viewports - please help

Hi,
I am trying to include WebKit in my gtkmm app. I would like to be able to scroll the web page from within my app rather than by using mouse or keyboard.

I have tried adding the WebView object to both Gtk::ScrolledWindow and to Gtk::Viewport (separate experiments). In both cases, the WebView is rendered correctly, and I can scroll by either dragging in the page or by moving the sliders.

However, I probably don't understand how Gtk:Adjustments work. The following produces no results:

m_ScrolledWindow->get_vadjustment()->set_value(come_value);

What am I doing wrong?