Segfault on gtk::wrap [solved]

I am going ahead and sending this email just incase someone else is seeing a problem similar to the one I had.
So I just recently updated my gtkmm and glibmm libraries (via distribution updates) and suddenly my code started segfaulting within Gtk::Main m(&argc, &argv), long before any of my code was actually reached. It reliably segfaulted on line 578 of wrap_init.cc:
 Glib::wrap_register(gtk_accel_label_get_type(), &Gtk::AccelLabel_Class::wrap_new);

Ends up, there was a long removed dependency on some of the underlying gtk libraries and "`gtk-config –libs`" was included in the LDFLAGS for compilation. Simply removing this caused the segfault to disappear.

Hope this helps save someone some time.