Including libxml++ as a build dependency for gstreamermm

There are a few GStreamer functions that accept or return libxml types (e.g. xmlNodePtr and xmlDocPtr). I'm thinking of including libxml++ as a build dependency for gstreamermm. I'm wondering, Is it possible to wrap, for example, an xmlNodePtr (that is returned from a C function) with a libxml++ xmlpp::Node? Also, how can I find out the minimum version requirements that should be used for libxml++ if it is included as library dependency? Thanks.

--
José Alburquerque

"Love is patient; it is kind; love does not envy; it does not parade itself (it is not puffed up); it does not behave unseemly; it does not seek its own things..." -- The Apostle Paul (1 Cor. 13:4, 5)

"He who is not loving has not known God, because God is love." -- The Apostle John (1 John 4:8)