Re: gstreamermm ghost pad incomplete

At Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:03:32 -0400,
José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque cox net> wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > (lt-mediaplayer:8954): glibmm-WARNING **: Glib::ConstructParams::ConstructParams(): object class "gtkmm__GstGhostPad" has no property named "target"
> > ghost_pad 0
> >

> What you're getting above is a warning related to how the
> Gst::GhostPad::create() methods have been wrapped and an interaction
> between the parameter collection for the Gst::GhostPad construction in
> its super class's Gst::Pad constructor and the gstreamer object internal
> properties.  I wont bore you with all the details, however, suffice it
> to say that thanks to your reporting I think this can be quickly fixed.

Seeing the corresponding fix will go a long way in making future
contributions for similar problems by me more useful, I hope :)

> > (lt-mediaplayer:8954): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: Trying to add pad sink to element bin, but it has no direction
> >
> > It looks as if the target property is not wrapped or something,
> > causing the gstreamer code itself to fail(?).
> >

> I'm not sure if the previous warning has any impact on the above,

Sorry, I should have said that before---this is most certainly a
follow up error: As the ghost pad was not constructed correctly, it
can not be added.  Pretty reasonable given the circumstances.

> BTW, though I must admit that I wont know the moment that bug reports
> are submitted, I regularly look for them and I think that it would be
> best to submit reports like this in bugzilla where they are more
> practically dealt with.  Again, I really appreciate you taking the time
> to help out with gstreamermm development.

I am fine with reporting them in bugzilla, I was just unsure what the
proper place was as the README doesn't contain any information with
respect to that.

Would that be the gtkmm module?  There is not yet a gstreamermm module
under Bindings, but there is a gstreamer module under Desktop at
bugzilla.gnome.org.  Just let me know your preferences (or better yet,
put them in the README).

Thanks,
Marcus