Re: gstreamermm ghost pad incomplete

Thanks for trying out gstreamermm and taking the time to report bugs; this really helps:

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
Hi,

seems there is a gap in wrapping ghost pads in gstreamermm.  The
attached code tries to create a ghost pad for a sink of an element in
a bin and add it to the bin, which is then connected to a playbin
pipeline (the idea here is that later more elements are inserted in
the filter bin, of course).  This approach works in an equivalent C
implementation and is described, I believe, in the gestreamer
documentation and used in at least one media player, probably more.

Running the program yields:

$ ./mediaplayer sink_pad 2

(lt-mediaplayer:8954): glibmm-WARNING **: Glib::ConstructParams::ConstructParams(): object class "gtkmm__GstGhostPad" has no property named "target"
ghost_pad 0

What you're getting above is a warning related to how the Gst::GhostPad::create() methods have been wrapped and an interaction between the parameter collection for the Gst::GhostPad construction in its super class's Gst::Pad constructor and the gstreamer object internal properties. I wont bore you with all the details, however, suffice it to say that thanks to your reporting I think this can be quickly fixed.

(lt-mediaplayer:8954): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: Trying to add pad sink to element bin, but it has no direction

It looks as if the target property is not wrapped or something,
causing the gstreamer code itself to fail(?).

I'm not sure if the previous warning has any impact on the above, but as far as this error, would you do me a favor and provide both a C and equivalent C++ code (as brief as possible) so that I can see exactly what works with C but not in C++ and that way this can also be fixed. Thanks.

BTW, though I must admit that I wont know the moment that bug reports are submitted, I regularly look for them and I think that it would be best to submit reports like this in bugzilla where they are more practically dealt with. Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to help out with gstreamermm development.

Thanks,
Marcus