Re: Help with libglademm/xml.h

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 09:24 +0100, Filipe Apóstolo wrote:
> Hi,
> Im creating a project with three compontents  the  first  component  is
> a mathematical  library  that uses not gtkmm it will work in a low level.
> The second part is an API software that will create a XML  file with all
> user options.
>
> The third part is an software that will read the XML file and calls /
> creates the objects from the first component.
>
> The matematical library is done, tested and well working.
> The API its done,tested and working and it creates the XML files well, I
> can load and save as i wont.
>
> The PROBLEM cames when i want to create the third component. Because i
> dont want to use windows API (only the console as it wold't heave
> GTKMM), so to use  <libglademm/xml.h> to load and parse the XML file
> from the API, when i compile it says that it doesent find the headers,

So you need to tell MSVC++ where to find the headers and the library, as
you would when using any other API, probably as you did for gtkmm
itself.

> solved including the the configuration files in the properties as i was
> creating a normal GTKMM project.

This is not clear to me. What configuration files? What properties?

>  BUT without calling nothing from the
> libraries, only doing a switch wiht some test options (with Couts<< )
> and a option to exit of the program, the program works well but
> breaks/crashes when i exit ( befoure including and after removing the
> configuration files it doesent happen).

Someone with more MSVC++ experience can probably help here, if you can
give more information about the crash. I guess it's possible that you
are linking to the wrong version of a library - MSVC++ generally causes
4 versions of a library to exists, sometimes more.

> Because it only crashed when i wanted to exit i thought in continuing
> and try to use the xml functions. Whwn I only use the function to save
> the XML file it works, but the program crashes right after opening the
> XML file, whitout doing nothig only call the function to parse it.

In general, a report of a crash is useless without a backtrace.

[snip]

www.openismus.com