glade styles and destructor

With help from members of this group, all is running well with glade and
libglademm for me - my thanks to all who contributed.       =)

I have a couple of questions remaining:-

1.)  As the XML structure loaded by libglade from the glade file is referred
to by a Glib::Refptr autopointer, I assume that the structures are
automatically destroyed for me once the structure loses scope.  However, do
I have to set the "auto-destroy" parameter in all relevant widgets to do so
? or is this parameter not relevant and the destruction occurs anyway ?

2.)   The answer to this looks likely to be no but it is worth asking just
in case,   can I add styles to widgets such as Gtk::Labels for fonts and
Gtk::Windows for background colours etc. within glade  ?