Re: Tooltips for Gtk::TreeView rows

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 13:57 +0200, Simon Fuhrmann wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I changed the function from
>
>   Gtk::TreeView::get_path_at_pos()

>   Gtk::TreeView::get_dest_row_at_pos()
>
> This function seems to work as expected and returns the right path.
> Nevertheless, the behaviour of get_path_at_pos() is not intuitive and in
> my opinion it's a bug.

It sounds like it. It would need a simple test case in C though, to be
filed as a bug.

>  The get_dest_row_at_pos() is intended for drag
> and drop, it's only a "workaround" to use it.

Do you know about
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1TreeView.html#5437add5fba2cef1972c5139375581a0
for simple one-tooltip-per-row uses?

I see that it's missing documentation. I'll fix that. In the meantime
here is the C documentation:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkTreeView.html#gtk-tree-view-set-tooltip-column

I'll also add a TreeModelColumn overload in svn trunk.

www.openismus.com