Tooltips for Gtk::TreeView rows

Hello!

I want to have tooltips for rows in a Gtk::TreeView. I activated the
tooltips (w.set_has_tooltip(true);) and connected signal_query_tooltip,
as the documentation told me. Now I have to map the x and y coordinates
to a path, I do this with w.get_path_at_pos(...).

The problem is now that get_path_at_pos(...) only works if I disable the
column headers. Otherwise get_path_at_pos(...) returns the path for the
next row (actually it depends on the height of the header). First, I
googled and I found some posts about that issue. Some suggested
disabling the sorting feature, which did not work for me. Disabling the
headers for a short time in the callback didn't work but lead to strong
artefacts. I need to find out the height of the header somehow, how can
I do this, or is there any other way to map the coordinates to the
correct path?

Thanks,
Simon Fuhrmann