Re: Problem with signals and libglademm

Hello John,

2008/6/13 johnmb <johnmblackburn googlemail com>:

Using get_widget() does not work for my window

In what context?

IF I have inherited a class
off Gtk::Window because inevitably it will involve some form of copy no
matter what I try and I get the error message Gtk::Window&
operator=(Gtk::Window&)  is private under gtkmm.

Usually this isn't an issue, what exactly are you trying to do?

Hence I am forced not to
inherit and to have a Gtk::Window* as a memberinstead.

I haven't yet seen or conceptualized a situation where this would be needed, sounds unusual-to-wrong.

The trouble with this is that, although all the other widgets successfully
connect their signals and operate, the Gtk::Window signals execute their
sigc connect statements but never work.

Again, it would be nice to have more context or perhaps even the code.

Regards,
Milosz