Re: Howto change a cursor for Gtk::Window ?

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 14:41 +0200, Karl Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new to gtkmm and GTK+.
>
> I have trouble figuring out how to change
> the gtkmm Window cursor (Gtk::Window) ...
>
> However, I found out that I can change
> the cursor of a Gdk::Window using
> a Gdk::Cursor object. Is there something
> similar for a Gtk::Window.
>
> By the way, what's the difference of a Gtk::Window
> and a Gdk::Window?

Gdk::Window is an abstraction around the low level window object offered
by the backend GUI system (X11, Quartz/Cocoa, GDI, DirectFB and more).

Gtk::Window is a fully-fledged widget representing a window.

Some widgets have their own Gdk::Window, many do not. The ones that do
not draw into the Gdk::Window of their parent (or its parent, etc).