Re: window design question

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 20:24 -0700, joeProgram wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to gtk and have a design question.  I'm creating an application
> which will always be run in full screen mode.  The application will have a
> main menu will contain large buttons where each button will take the user to
> a new screen (window?).  Each of the new screens will have a totally
> different layout from the other.
>
> My question is this...  How do I change the layout manager of a window?  It
> appears that I can add a container type (i.e. HBox, VBox) to a window, but I
> can't remove it or switch to a new layout.

Yes, you can. Gtk::Container::remove():
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Container.html#9f31c07118f7bdc7a4e0651acf35abbc

>   Do I need multiple windows?
> Should I have a window within a window?  Please help.

You might want to use a Gtk::Assistant. Or maybe just a Gtk::Notebook,
maybe with the tabs hidden.

Or you can just remove your HBox and add another.

www.openismus.com