Re: check and uncheck Gtk::CheckButton without toggle signal emitted?

I think you can use block and unblock methods of sigc::connection
object returned when you connect the signal handler. This is the
relevant part of my code where I need to change the selected row
of a tree view without calling the signal handler.

sigc::connection signalActiveElement;
signalActiveElement = treeView.get_selection()->signal_changed().connect(...);

// temporary disable changes in active element
signalActiveElement.block();

[...]

// reenable active element
signalActiveElement.unblock();