RE: [gtkmm] Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file() segmentation fault inmaemo

Dinh Khac Thanh wrote:
> Thank you for your fast reply, that deferencing one was
> correct. However the error is still there after I changed it.
> I am suspecting that it is because of thread conflict ( I
> tested the create_from_file without threading and it worked
> fine). I am not sure if gtkmm is thread-safe or not?

Google?

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/x482.html
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Threads.html
GTK+ is "thread aware" but not thread safe - it provides a global lock
controlled by gdk_threads_enter()/gdk_threads_leave() which protects all
use of GTK+. That is, only one thread can use GTK+ at any given time.

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/FAQ/html/index.html
Neither X, nor GDK nor GTK+ nor gtkmm are thread safe by themselves. You
must use either the gdk_threads_{enter,leave}() functions to protect any
and every

Note that you really should not send email to more than one mailing
list.

I don't know how to set a followup-to from outlook. But please only
reply to gtkmm ....