Re: gtkmm binaries for win32

This doesn't answer your question but might be interesting:

I don't like an easy life so I cross compile my windows code on my linux machine.

One of my colleagues has put a fair amount of effort into getting gtkmm to compile so that it can be used in this way. (Caveat: This is for Gentoo, any other distributions are not going to play nicely)

The fruit of his labours can be found at http://www.metropolis-data.co.uk/gtkmm-crosscompile.tgz (at least it can until I break the webserver again or our bandwdith use gets too high).

It includes a script that is meant to be a run once thing: it goes out and finds the right source, patches it to work with mingw32 and compiles it into a load of .dlls

It is a bit shonky, has a number of bad things hard coded into it and is designed to be used with older versions of most packages but it works for us.

Also, if you're intested in the gcc/mingw32 exceptions problem mentioned in the README, I can supply details of that as well, but as is hasn't got much to do with gtkmm I shall say no more here.

Charlie - Metropolis Data Consultants - 07976 028167 - 01223 763758