Re: Libpng DLL conflict

> I have been having trouble with libpng, a noticed that it was calling
> libpng12.dll from the GTK/bin folder instead of libpng.dll from the
> applications folder. As there may be a version conflict, I would like my
> program to use the local copy, although presumably GTK may need to use
> it's own copy.

A simple solution that may work or blow up: rename libpng.dll to
libpng12.dll. That version might conflict with GTK's. The name of the
DLL is (at least for MSVC) coded in the .lib import library.

> Is there any way of specifying where the dll is loaded from?

Microsoft "recently" introduced the concept of manifests to describe
which version of a DLL to use.

But I think this only applies to the DLLs in the Side-by-Side assembly
(The infamous WinSxS directory) which contains mostly the MS runtime
stuff.

Welcome to DLL hell.