Re: Embed movie player in a gtkmm application

Milosz Derezynski wrote:
Even if coding it is a little harder, i'd still choose (and suggest) gstreamer(mm) anytime because of the g-ness (easily compatible with your own app) and the fact that you don't run a separate process for the media playback (security, etc..). For specialized situations maybe gtk + mplayer may be the right thing but generally i think choosing gstreamer is right.

Yes. Feel free to look at the example media player in gstreamermm to understand how to implement something similar yourself. If it's too complicated, use your judgment to make programming easier for yourself.