Re: sanity check: deriving from Gtk::Range

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Damon Register <damon w register lmco com> wrote :
Robert Pearce wrote:
If you want to look at my version, it's up on my web site (but not linked) in http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk/computer/gtk/gtkdial.zip
I was curious so I downloaded and built your gtkdial.  The only snag I
ran into was the line in gtklamp.c

#include <config.h>

I'm sure this came up recently here... or was it on the GnuPic list? Anyway, config.h is normally generated by the configure script (though I have a feeling the autotools setup on that ZIP is incomplete). If you're using mingw you should make an empty one or put in any option #defines you need (probably none in this case).

This file is not on my system anywhere (I am using MinGW/msys on XP).
I commented that line and the test app builds and runs.  I haven't
figured out the lamp widget.  It looks like an ordinary button.  What
is it supposed to do?

Again I mentioned that in another thread not long ago. Yes, it's very like a button, except that it's explicitly never sensitive to user input. I wanted a simple state indicator, like an LED on a piece of hardware, that wouldn't get highlighted when you hover over it. Merely setting a button "insensitive" prevents its use for anything, so I made the lamp widget.

--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |