gtkmm, directfb, and xine-lib

Hi all,

I am trying to write an application with gtkmm to talk to xine-lib, using the directfb implementation of both and running into problems trying to create window in the directfb primary layer, possibly due to a gtkmm conflict w.r.t. accessing it (haven't figured it out yet). I looked at the example of df_xine by Cludio Ciccani, but that code doesn't work when transported into a gtkmm application.

One alternative I thought off is to let gtkmm create the window and then provide that surface to xine to write on. To do that, I need to get access to the underlying directfb surface for a gtkmm window. How do I do that? I knew how to do it for X11, but I don't know what the equivalent is for directfb.

Any help (possible examples) would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

 Phoenix