Exceptions in gtkmm

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out the policy on exceptions in gtkmm. I notice that, Gtk::Pixbuf throws an exception if you give it a file that doesn't exist. I presume it converts some sort of error code to an exception.

What if one of my slots throws an exception? Is there a way to catch all such possible exceptions in one place so that I can report to the user?

The FAQ seems to say no but I'd *really* like this to not be true. I do understand the difficulties in throwing an exception in C++ called from C code.

If you have any suggestions as to how I may achieve the equivalent functionality if it doesn't exist, I'd be very happy with that.

Thanks.

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com