Re: Building of win32 applications

Petr Hracek wrote:
I am trying to build up some gtkmm applications under Windows environtment
with DevC and MinGW interface and it works successfully.
I am doing almost the same, though I am not using DevC.

Unfortunatelly on my windows machine I have installed
Cygwin right now because of my work needs them.

When I install DevC and MinGW then I can not run Cygwin anymore. Did you
met with this?
That is strange.  My work machine has both MinGW and Cygwin and I have not
had any trouble with this.

I have only one question on you:
What do you prefer? Building under MinGW and DevC or building under Cygwin?
What are you experiences?
E.g. Gnucash, Scribus, Inkscape or other programs does not use Cygwin. Do
you know how they are ported? What are using - another way?
That's five questions. Which one do you want :-) ?
I suppose that would depend on what you want.  are these graphical or
console applications?  With MinGW you get native Windows programs.  With
a graphical program on Cygwin you would be using X11.  Since my programs
are graphical and I like the idea of having a native Windows program, I
am using MinGW with gtkmm and glade to develop the GUIs.

Damon Register