Re: Need help - Memory corrupt message from MS VC Express 2005 (dynamic widget)

Dmitry (aka DvpSun) wrote:
Hello.
I'm a novice in gtkmm and have some troubles with dynamic memory management.

I write simple program (see below) and run ше in debug mode. Window work
correct, but after close Studio show a memory corruption (Invalid Address
specified to RtlFreeHeap( 00CF0000, 00D031D8 )).
sounds familiar

I have only one idea: mixed lib/dll for system windows dll during built of
gtk/gtkmm binaries and my computer, but I've no idea, how to check this
without building all gtk/gtkmm and so on myself. Now I am not ready to build
all.
I think you may have already gotten the answer.  The few times that I have
tried to mix C++ binaries from different sources gave me only trouble.  A
few years ago I tried to use the id3lib dll that was built with msvc.  my
project was built with Borland.  That gave very similar errors.  I tried
very recently to use the pre-build gtkmm with MinGW and that also failed.
I gave up on that one and just rebuilt the gtkmm.  it was easy and I think
it is probably even easier with msvc.  I see that the gtkmm sources have
msvc project files.  Rrebuild them and you will probably save yourself some
trouble

Damon Register