Re: Windows vs Linux

Okay, thanks for the reassurance about the state of things.

Simple ASCII strings do display properly.

Your point about UCS2 on Windows reminds me of something about there being two flavors of Python with respect to unicode. Maybe the difference between Windows and Linux is as you suggest a difference in Pythons (both of them 2.5). Thanks.

Bruce