Re: GStreamermm Video

Milosz Derezynski wrote:
GStreamer will draw for you onto the drawable, the relevant API is documented here:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-ximagesink.html

There is no mechanism yet in gstreamermm to wrap individual elements, but it's planned (i'll outline it later on on the gstmm list), so you would still have to use some C API.

I just noticed that there are a few interfaces in the gst-plugins-base package that might have to be wrapped (see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gstreamer-interfaces.html) among which is the gstxoverlay <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstxoverlay.html> interface. I wonder how this best might be done.

-Jose