Re: GStreamermm Video

You might look into using OpenCV[1], I found it really easy to throw
something together fast with that.  It's also got some stuff already
written for you, like histograms.  Documentation is a bit sketchy,
though there are some good guides [2].

- John Hobbs

[1] http://opencvlibrary.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.cs.iit.edu/~agam/cs512/lect-notes/opencv-intro/index.html