Re: Playing sound file

José Alburquerque said the following:
MishuDhaka said the following:
Hello,

Can someone help me to play a wav file.

I am using gtk+ and gtkmm2.4 now. It is appreciable if some one describe about the package for sound playing.

Regards,
MIshu.

To play a sound file, you can use the gstreamermm API. You'd have to set up a pipeline with a source element (like a Gst::FileSrc) and a sink element (like a GstBase::AlsaSink) between which would be other elements/plug-ins that convert the file from a start format to a target format that the final sink element can process. If you're interested you may look at the ogg_player example in gstreamermm and look at the list of new plug-ins to see how these may be used for your purposes.

However, gstreamermm is not yet available in Windows unless it is ported there somehow which I haven't had time to look at.

--
José Alburquerque
jaalburquerque cox net