Re: bells and whistle in Gtkmm

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:35:27 -0500
Jam <arbolone gmail com> wrote:
> You have been told that the explanation is obscured.
> For a beginner, like me, throwing around obscure, unfinished and/or
> incoherent code is not only a futile endeavour, but most importantly
> useless.
>
> Having said that, if you don't have the skill or the time to produce
> valid code or, at least, show good will, I would suggest you ignore
> this thread and continue on your own affairs.
>
> Now, since you put some time into criticizing my questions, I will
> return the favour by adding a little bit of criticism to you. For the
> few months that you will keep the data in this email, read this
> message again and again to remind yourself to be polite, or, to do
> your best to improve your English.

I gave you the code in my e-mail.  Either

gdk_beep() (for which include gdk/gdk.h)

or

Gdk::Display::get_default()->beep()

If this is too difficult for you, then you need to read up a bit more
about programming in C and C++ before developing your project further.

A word to the wise, and I imagine it is because your natural language
is not English, but your e-mail comes across as impolite and rude,
particularly when someone has taken the trouble to help you.

Chris